Telnet? - Belkin Pre-N Wireless Router

Dear Group

Can anyone tell me whether this device supports telnet access? Called the support line and they escalated my call. Typical.

What port shall I use? 23 doesn't work. 80 just hangs the connection without the password prompt coming up.

Device details: Belkin Product Part Code: F5D8230-4 Product Version Number (If Applicable): 2000UK Serial Number (If Applicable): BEL25PVR

Enabled Remote assistance for any IP but didn't change the port from 80 to 23 as otherwise the web based interface won't come up. Note that I try to administer the router from within a private LAN. Doesn't act as a DHCP. Another router does this but I'm connecting to the device directly over wireless. Any firewall settings?

'If it doesn't do telnet I may just put it in the bin.'

Reply to
theintrepidfox
Loading thread data ...

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

My Belkin G125+ router (F5D7231-4) has the option to route virtual servers in the firewall settings, the list contains a setting for Telnet Server. Tried that one yet?

Reply to
Ernie_IRS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.