techra 4m wireless drops consistently

I just recently purchased the all new Toshiba Tecra 4M with integrated wireless G. I've found that at both home and work, the wireless drops every once in a while but more frequently with large amounts of data transfer, almost as if resetting after a certain amount of traffic. At home, I have to 'repair' the connection to reconnect. As soon as I do so, I reconnect with no problem but it's annoying to have to do so. At work, it will seemingly reconnect on it's own, but there is still the interuption. The only difference between the two networks is that at home I've only allowed specific mac addresses. How on earth can I figure out why my wireless is dropping every so often?

Reply to
slashdrew
Loading thread data ...

Could be a whole lotta things. Try a couple simple things first.

1. Set your laptop to only connect to preferred networks.

1. Trying changing channels on the router.

Worked for me after a neighbor installed a home network with the same router on the same channel as my home netwotk.

Reply to
Billy Bob

And don't waste your time "hiding" the SSID - that way others can easily see your channel number and avoid it.

Reply to
Doz

Would make sense, except I have the same problem both at work and at home. Can't hurt though.

Reply to
slashdrew

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.