System lock-up after Belkin Wi-Fi installed

I have just set up my wireless network using a Belkin G+ MIMO Modem Router & Belkin G+ Mimo USB adapter. I have had trouble with a poor signal from the router, but this has now been replaced and seems to be OK. However, since going 'wireless', my PC periodically locks-up for no apparent reason, and the only course of action is to restart it. It locked up when the router was disconnected (and being replaced at the store), and I have tried unplugging the USB adapter when it is locked but this doesn't help either. It doesn't seem to be related to running anything in particular, in fact it often happens when the system is idle.

Can anyone tell me if there are any known issues with lock-up associated with the Belkin adapter, as I suspect it may be this that is causing it. Belking suggested updating the drivers for the USB ports which I have done, but the problem still occurs.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks & regards, Adrian

Reply to
Adrian_UK
Loading thread data ...

On 7 Nov 2006 09:39:51 -0800, "Adrian_UK" wrote in :

As a test, try uninstalling the Belkin G+ Mimo USB adapter, and running your PC on a wired connection to the Belkin G+ MIMO Modem Router.

Since you just got this hardware, why not return it and get something else better than Belkin?

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.