Symptoms of a problem?

Reply to
tzar
Loading thread data ...

My home network consists of a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and a USB WUSB11 USB network adapter (it's a "B" ). It has been running great for more than a year. Recently I have had issues with the pc that the USB adapter is connected to in that it has been spontaneously rebooting. I have replaced memory, tried different hard drives, etc. but the problem persists. Coincidentally my this pc now takes several minutes to establish a network connection whereas I don't believe it used to. Also transfer speeds seem to be slower. Would a problem with the network adapter cause the rebooting? Thanks for any opinions. Gary

Reply to
algae

Check if Linksys has one - should be on thier site. My laptop has an intel pro 2200 BG biult in wireless card, and i found a manager on thier site. So thats the one i use.

Reply to
tzar

better check if your computer stops rebooting when the usb network adaptor is not connected before running bananas in wild speculations.

Reply to
Martin!

What is a good one to try?

Reply to
algae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.