Sveasoft Talisman FTP Large Connection Problems?

I have a Linksys WRT54Gs that I recently upgraded from Sveasoft's Satori to their current Talisman firmware (Basic 1.1). Since the upgrade, large FTP connections through the device, both in to my local FTP server and out to any/all FTP servers I've tested, stall after completing one file. For example, a user connects to my FTP server and issues an 'mget' in a directory with 10 files, each 20+ megs. The first file will start, transfer, successfully complete, then stall, eventually kicking the user off. The same behavior is exhibited when I connect to any external FTP server and repeat the same scenario; I'm kicked off after downloading one file. It also doesn't make a difference if I use passive or active, same result. The only way I've gotten around this on the client side is to script around 'ncftpget' and grab one file at a time, forcing a close connection after each download, but that's not an easy suggestion for users connecting to me.

Anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions on how to fix it? It wasn't a problem with Satori, just since the Talisman upgrade. Once thing I've noticed is that the device doesn't contain an 'ip_conntrack_ftp' module for netfilter/iptables. A listing of /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/ipv4/netfilter returns ip_conntrack modules for sip, gre, and pptp, but no FTP. They claim that they include conntrack_ftp, but I can't find it.

Any suggestions/thoughts/help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

rcrawley

Reply to
rcrawley
Loading thread data ...

s,No good suggestions, I fear. Had the same router; it dropped too often; replaced it with Belkin pre-n. Works fine.

I investigated/considered firmware upgrades (like Sveasoft) to the Linksys, but was too chiicken to blow the warranty.

3rd party stuff doesn't always work. Go back to Linksys defaults and work up.

Brad

s>I have a Linksys WRT54Gs that I recently upgraded from Sveasoft's

Reply to
avalanche*

Do yourself a favor and switch to DD-WRT. It's free and is much more open than the Svea$oft crap. Plus the Sveasoft guys are useless when it comes to asking questions, not to mention they continually violate the terms of the GPL.

Reply to
sbearusa

OK, that's two too many posts like this.

You're right, they aren't very helpful. They do _not_ however "continually violate...the GPL". They're a commercial organization, using GPL and non-GPL software (just like Linksys), as they have a right to do. Fine, you don't like their software, there's no need to get abusive about it.

Reply to
Derek Broughton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.