Struggles with Wireless-G Linksys USB adapter and 2wire Router

Linksys USB wusb54gsc Network card, to be exact. (wireless-G) I'm on auto IP / DNS as it should be.

I'm learning quickly the details and see alot of similar problems in many forums. ( Linksys included ) I'm trying to avoid it, but will dive in, if need be. I'll need to get this going (hours invested already) What should I know about these ?? PPPoE SSID MAC / Physical Address NAT ( IP Address Type )

I'm aware that the 2wire router is using WEP and the Password has been entered on the desktop/USB card that I'm trying to configure. That was really all that was required for my laptop with internal card to connect.

I've researched a few things including: Winsock error ( doesn't seem to be the case ) Installing drivers only ( they seem to be hidden in a .cab file, that I had "expand" trouble with ) and I've attemped with WinXP WZC and also the Linksys "quick easy setup".

Please provide info, and have pity on a NW neophyte !!

Reply to
i_dvlp
Loading thread data ...

On 15 Oct 2006 13:11:03 -0700, i snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

or

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.