Strange Wifi Problems, Please suggest...

Hey everyone,

I m sorry its a little long story.

I am a newbie, just bought DLink dl-624 Wireless router with 4 wired ports.I have currently 4 systems. 2 Laptops one with Vista, one with XP and two desktops both with XP.

I started by connecting my router with ADSL modem, and then to my Desktop PC by a direct cable that came along with the router pack.

In the settings, i choosed PPPOE-Dynamic IP (I also tried with static ip) But the browsing and messenger activities remain dead. Surprizingly internetgateway icon is found connected under the network connections window

I messed up with the setting and choosed Cable Modem instead of PPPOE DSL, the things went better and internet starts working. I am having a

256kbps internet connection, that downloads at about 25KB/Sec. After successfull setup i tested download speed several times. But it was only 4KB/Sec

Next i turned on my laptop, configured the WLAN setup and it connects at 54Mbps. Internet speed was just the same i.e 4KB/Sec. But if i try to share files from my desktop my laptop screen goes blank and system crashes... :s

I tried it many time. Please note that all the ip addresses are configured to automatic settings.

I dont know what to do. For the time being i am installing a fresh copy of Windows on both systems to be sure that the OS is not corrupt. Please suggest me more testing tips so that i can clean this mess up.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
vky84
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.