strange behavior of 3Com 3CRPAG175

hi,

i have bought a 3Com 3CRPAG175 and have some trouble with it. when there are no wireless networks reachalbe and i have the xjack antenna out (only then) the mouse coursor freezes for a moment every time the little led on the antenna lights up. i believe this cannot be normal. my notebook runs windows xp professional, sp2. 3com driver is current

1.0.0.25. does anybody have ideas what i can do against that? any help appreciated thanks in advance

alexander huemer

Reply to
alexander huemer
Loading thread data ...

I had exactly this problem with a 3CRPAG175 and my Dell Inspiron 8000, also running Win XP Pro. Strangely the problem was only there when I was running at 802.11g speeds. When I changed my router to 802.11b speeds the problem vanished. Interestingly the card also worked perfectly at both speeds in my the same laptop when running Windows Me. It was only g speeds and XP that caused a problem. Sometimes it was just momentary mouse freezes but ultimately the laptop would freeze completely with CPU at 100% and the only option was to hit the power button.

I spent months trying to resolve this with 3Com and in the end they refunded me in full (I hadn't even bought the card from them!). I am now using a Netgear WG511 with no problems whatsoever.

Have a look at previous threads here....

formatting link
formatting link
Try searching Google Groups for 3CRPAG175 and you'll find a few more threads/comments. Long story short, I suspect you will need to get a different card.

Reply to
Tiny Tim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.