Speedtouch wireless

Hi there, i'm struggling with my wireless settings. I've just bought a ps3 and want to get it online. I have broadband but the dial up type rather than an always on connection. the modem i have is the standard speedtouch which i can't connect to my router.

I had a similar setup in my old flat where my housemate connected to the net through his laptop which had the modem, and i connected to him wirelessly.

Basically my pc has the modem in the current case and i need to share the connection wirelessly with the ps3. i've got it working but i'm sure there myust be a better method as it makes the connecon and the pc very unstable. I basically have the modem in a usb port, i've hooked an ethernet cable up from the pc to the router's wan socket. i've then got a bridge between the wireless and Lan connections.

Is there a more straightforward method i could use without purchasing an adsl modem and router package?

Reply to
themastertaylor
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:20:04 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

Router (wired or wireless) with a USB port for your modem.

Reply to
John Navas

Why WAN socket? If you'r using the PC as an internet gateway, all the in-house PCs should be on the LAN side of the router. Ignore the WAN port, since you can't plug it into your modem.

Find a router than can plug into a USB modem?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.