SMA connector types

Hello all,

I've messed up a circuit just a little by ordering the wrong kinds of connectors. I expected male and female terms to refer to either insede or outside threads, hoewver now I can see that there are four types of SMA connector and I pictured them all at

formatting link

Could somebody please tell me the names of each type so I can order them correctly this time? Maplin do not stock all the types i need :(

Thank you Adam

Reply to
Adam Chapman
Loading thread data ...

What combination of this is supposed to work? In the meantime suggest you look at the connectors here:-

Reply to
LR

thanks for the response. All together i have made an extremely rough looking drawing at

formatting link
It's for a UAV project so there is a circuit on the aircraft and one on the ground, the main issues are the ones on the aircraft.

from your link, i think i need

3 x CON-SMA-200-PLUG (male pin) 1 x CON-RSMA-200-PLUG (male connector with female pin) on the aircraft

Tahnks a lot, your link really helped me

Adam

Reply to
Adam Chapman

Try to avoid using Male and Female. Plug and Receptacle are somewhat less confusing.

404. URL not found, even after fixing the line wrap. Wrap it in < >

and perhaps your news program won't butcher the URL.

Nice picture of a sunset at:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

should be a space between "SMA" and "types".

Thanks, I only use the site for fiddling with code

Reply to
Adam Chapman

1 and 3 are RP-SMA (reverse polarized SMA). 2 and 4 are ordinary SMA connectors.

You might find it useful to have some adapters and barrels handy:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

those sma connectors are a bitch, as are many other connectors. If I were you I wouldn't count on using the correct names when ordering, there's so much confusion out there. Having made the same mistake as you I never ever order connectors these days unless the supplier provides a nice big clear picture of what I'm buying. Some sellers on ebay provide really good pictures so there's little chance of errors.

Reply to
tg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.