Slow wireless

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's my setup: linksys wap54g v1.1 connected to barricade router desktop connected to barricade router laptop sometimes connected to barricade router, sometimes wireless

So when my laptop is connected to the wap54g, according to

formatting link
i get about 200kbps, when the same laptop is connected to the lan, i get 2.2Mbps.

I always have 100% connectivity to the wap54g and currently have WEP enabled at 128 bit encryption - i have also tried disabling this with no speed gains.

Anybody have any ideas?

thanks, KF

Reply to
kfo
Loading thread data ...

I'll try shutting down my microwave and phone to see if that helps.

Does it matter if i'm near the microwave when accessing the web, or is it just the proximity of the access point to the microwave that matters?

thanks, kf

Reply to
kfo

So really if i'm not actually cooking something in the microwave, or using the cordless phone, i shouldn't have any interference issues from them, right?

Reply to
kfo
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Possible interference. See:

"Minimizing 802.11 Interference Issues" at .

"Stop the interference!"

Reply to
John Navas

I'll but in and say when my neighbours use their microwave I drop my wireless connection. What is strange is that when I use my microwave, the connection remains.

Reply to
MCR
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In the case of the microwave, correct, and probably the cordless phone, although some cordless phones do generate interference when not in use. Regardless, you also need to be concerned with interference from your neighbors.

Reply to
John Navas

Not so strange -- just means that your microwave is sealed better than your neighbors.

Reply to
John Navas

Yeah... mine is not a 29.99 special :-)

Reply to
MCR

Correct.

Reply to
MCR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.