Sitecom WL-025 : which AC/DC power adapter?

Hi everybody.

I have just bought a second hand Sitecom WL-025 wireless router

802.11b. The guy who sold it to me didn't have its AC/DC power adapter. Does anybody have it? I just want to know its output current (I live in Italy, AC input is 50hz 230 V ): is it 6 V? 9V? 12 V? 15 V? 18 V? How about amperes? (1 A? 1,5 A? 3 A?). I've read carefully the manual and searched the web, but i didn't find its specifications. The only thing shown on the plastic router cover is polarity: - --o)-- +

I can buy a variable stabilized power adaptor, but I don't wanto to fry the router with a 12 V current while it needs only 6V ... Thank you in advance!

Reply to
tommy
Loading thread data ...

Check appendix B (Specification) of your manual.

12v DC No mention of current.
formatting link
Reply to
Kev

Kev kindly wrote me:

Thank you Kev! The web manual is 87 pages and is very complete, I thought it was the same as the paper manual (multingual 80 pages = only 14 pages per language!!!), but I was wrong...

Reply to
tommy

It works weel with my 12 V adapter, but polarity was wrong... The plastic cover shows - --o )--- + but the positive is in the inner pole: + --o )-- - !!! My very best compliments to Sitecom's designers! So I plugged in 12 V the wrong way and the router didn't light up. Luckily, diodes exist... I reversed the polarity and now it works fine.

Reply to
tommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.