Simple wireless printing setup

My mother is getting a broadband connection (in the UK) usin a Talk Talk modem.

She has a new wifi laptop and has now bought a Hewlett Packard D2460 printer (just a usb port on this printer)

Thus, the printer and laptop are not physically connected to the router. What do I need to do to allow her to use the printer from her laptop, wirelessly?

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
stainless
Loading thread data ...

As far as I can find, that printer requires the software to run on a computer, and won't work over a wireless network.... Even the HP wireless printer thing won't support that device... While they do make usb to ethernat adapters, don't see how you can even use one of them since the printer requires the software for it to run on a computer....

Fraid that's been my experience with the majority of the elcheapo ink jet printers.... Bummer... you can get em for undr $50, but then you need several hundred bucks of more stuff to make it work wirelessly!

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.