signal dropping

Im having trouble with my "Bigpond Elite Network Gateway" dropping its signal frequently (5-20 mins). any suggestions?

Reply to
Robert Dingwall
Loading thread data ...

Maybe if you added a tiny bit more information? Hardware, software, provider, controls, what you've tried so far ... []'s

>
Reply to
Shadow

I have a Bigpond Network Gateway Model name 3G21WB which drops its signal frequently (30-40mins).

I get round the problem temporally by going into next G settings and disconnecting and reconnecting it gets me going for a time.

I have a Dell Desktop running XP.

Thanks

Reply to
Robert Dingwall

Sorry, I have never had 3G. A friend said he also has terrible stability, but different provider, different country. Maybe a firmware upgrade might help. I'd get in touch with support if I was paying for it. []'s Any takers ?

Reply to
Shadow

Robert-

I have a USB Wireless 3G Modem (Pantech UMW190). I noticed that it was occasionally losing connection to the network, and complained to the provider. They sent me a new one with a postage-paid mailer to return the old one.

Instead of disconnecting a couple times every hour, the replacement only disconnects about once a week.

I was told that it was not possible for me to update the firmware, even though that may have been what was needed.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.