Siemens 4100 DSL Modem

My neighbor just got SWBell DSL line and they sent the Siemens 4100 DSL Modem which only has 1 Ethernet port. I have a Linksys Wireless 4 port router which I no longer use.

I thought I would ask if anyone here uses the Siemens 4100 and any problems I may run into adding the Linksys.

Thanks

Reply to
Don Harvey
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:56:22 GMT, "Don Harvey" wrote in :

There will almost certainly be no problems if configured properly. What are you trying to do?

Reply to
John Navas

They have a desktop computer which they hooked up the dsl modem to, but they also have a laptop which they would like to connect wireless. At the present time the desktop is WIN 98 and the laptop is WIN ME - if they like DSL they plan on getting a new desktop computer.

I had replaced this Wireless B with a linksys Wireless G so was going to give it to them.

Reply to
Don Harvey

I also use a Siemens 4100 ADSL modem, into which is connected a router and from there a wireless access point and LAN. Like John Navas writes, there will almost certainly be no problems if configured properly.

Some problems could be MAC address cloning and getting wireless to work with Windows Me.

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

Thanks Axel and John,

I have had SW Bell at my office for years - still using the Alactel 1000 router when they set it up - and Linksys Wireless G with no problems. It seems they are now using PPPoE, I don't think my connection at the office does, I could be wrong.

Reply to
Don Harvey

Most wireless routers know how to speak PPPoE.

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:48:32 GMT, "Don Harvey" wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.