Should I upgrade from B to G or even N?

If My ADSL service is only (256K out) and (1500K in) is there any point to upgrading from a wireless B router after all Wireless B is 10,000K heck even if I had the new 6 meg net service I have seen advertised Wireless B would still be 40% faster than the fastest internet service I can get. I could see wanting faster if I moved files between computers wireless but I don't so would there be any point to me upgrading my router.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
Just Joe
Loading thread data ...

Only if the faster speeds would be helpful on the local network. It would greatly increase file transfers between local machines.

Reply to
Pen

If your Wireless B device(s) does not support WPA, WPA-PSK, or WPA2, then yes, you should upgrade to at least wireless G for security purposes. Upgrading to wireless N, IMHO, is definitely not necessary.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

I second that. In your case it would be about security, not speed. Go to G for the improved security, IF your current B system does not support WPA. A few do, most don't.

Not N.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.