Sharing WiFi via a wired network?

Here's my situation... my complex offers a wireless internet connection for its tenents, and my PC(#1) connects using a USB adaptor. Now I have another PC(#2) and an xbox that I'd like to get internet to (which don't presently have internet) and I would also Iike to wire anything together for fast file-transfer.

Can you guys offer suggestions as to how I accomplish this... in a cost effective way?

I know that if I add a switch, that will take care of my wired network for file-sharing, but how do I share the internet connection? I would add another USB adpater to PC(#2) but that would not solve my problem with the Xbox as it can only be connected via an ethernet port.

Again thanks for the help.

Reply to
silversting
Loading thread data ...

You get a second Ethernet card using RJ45 for the wire connection and you put it into the machine that has the Internet connection, with Internet Connection Sharing enabled on the USB or RJ45 card wire or wireless that has the connection to the Internet.

You then plug a hub, switch, or computer with it's RJ45 connection type to the second card of the machine that has the connection to the Internet. That's how you would do it in your case.

I don't know about a Xbox as far as it sharing an Internet connection. A machine running the MS O/S is no problem.

Duane :)

Reply to
Mr. Arnold4

I've just setup a linksys wag354g, connecting 1 pc by ethernetcable, 1 laptop wireless G connection and an Xbox wireless G connection The wag354g has 4 ethernet ports which cane be used to plug up 3 additional pc's or more by attaching hubs or routers to expand your network...

The microsoft xbox wireless device connected via usb to the xbox, setup was relatively simple...

jim

Reply to
Jim Hendry

Buy an ethernet bridge such as the Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP it will connect to the WIFI and give you a 4 port switch

Reply to
operations

Buy an Ethernet bridge such as the Buffalo WLI-TX4-G65HP $45-50.

It will connect to the wifi and it has a 4 port switch with DHCP built in.

Jim Hendry wrote:

Reply to
operations

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.