Sharing files & printer

Hi there,

In my home, there is a d-link router which has a laptop and desktop pc connected to it, by wireless adaptors.

I want to connect both computers so I can share files and also share printers and I have been reading quite a few guides and it all seems clear but I am having an issue.

I have set up a workgroup on both computers, with the exact name but I cant figure out what I am not doing correct to make sure they can see each other.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide to sharing files over a wireless network, the manual way, including configuring the router?

Thanks

Reply to
Max
Loading thread data ...

Sharing files over wireless and sharing files over Ethernet wire are the same, no difference. You should get them to work on the wire first and then proceed to wireless. You might want to disable any personal FW(s), because they will block the sharing ports, then you figure out how to set the PFW(s) to let the traffic through for file and printer sharing.

Reply to
DArnold

One thing: If you're using Norton Internet Security, you must "Trust" the network you've created before it will allow you to connect to any nodes on it.

It's an option in Norton. Bites us on the butt periodically when someone creates a new workstation.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:48:04 +0100, "Max" wrote in :

See Microsoft links in the wikis below for a guide on setting up file and printer sharing.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.