Share wi-fi net connection using wi-fi?

Is it possible to share wi-fi internet connection using another wi-fi card? How should I configure Windows to work that way?

thanks in advance f.

Reply to
Flicker
Loading thread data ...

Not without multiple wireless cards, sorry

Reply to
NetSteady

Not sure what you mean, but by sharing something like:

You have a laptop, with two wireless cards, one giving an internet pipe, and the other you want to use to share the internet pipe with another computer that has at least one wireless card?

If so, it shouldn't be too difficult. Just bridge the two cards together, ICS, and use adhoc to connect the second card with the other computer.

Begs the question of "why", though. If the other computer is in range of the first computer's wireless card, then wouldn't it be in range of the AP, anyway? Are you trying to circumvent some type of pay-for hotspot by being able for two people to be connected but only pay for one? (I could care less, I'm sure that goes on all the time. Hell, I'd probably do it also. Just curious as thats the only reason I can see doing the above.)

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric

Bridge and ICS are two different topics. Bridging probably would not work, ICS probably would.

Reply to
dold

Exactly, that's the case.

Exactly, I just want to share my internet connection with my brother who lives the same flat, why should we pay double? Our price is the decrease of bandwidth.

Thank you for your explanation.

cheers, f.

Reply to
Flicker

Exactly, that's the case.

Exactly, I just want to share my internet connection with my brother who lives the same flat, why should we pay double? Our price is the decrease of bandwidth.

Thank you for your explanation.

cheers, f.

Reply to
Flicker

Do you already have an access point or wireless router?

If so, just connect his laptop to the AP.

Yes ICS works too but why do that which would mean that your laptop would have to be permanently on whenever he needed to connect to the internet. Just add an access point if you don't already have one, that's what they're for.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Flicker ha scritto:

You can share all!!!!

Reply to
Attils

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.