Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- settings to speed up file opening times.
July 19, 2005, 12:19 am
rate this thread
Hi, what router or pc settings can i change to speed up the time it takes to
open a video file and start streaming. i have a 802.11g network running at
like 48Mbps. i am trying to open files from another pc on my lan. when i
hardwire them the files open and start to stream pretty quickly. however,
when i run them wirelessly it takes about 20-40 seconds to start streaming
the video. xvid codec for the video files streaming to my xbox with xbmc if
- Gold Key Technology Solutions
July 19, 2005, 5:10 am
Re: settings to speed up file opening times.
And, since it's full duplex, and not subject to interference, and
probably only involves one switch, is arguably 8X as fast or so. IMHO
this doesn't answer the OP's question, as the 20-40 second times seem
extreme even for slow networks.
I'd guess there's some protocol problem in his XBox that's taking
forever to find and open the share, but I can't imagine why it would
be different on the WiFi as opposed to the LAN. Maybe the additional
latency of the WiFi is causing some weird timeouts?
- » Configuring Linksys WRE54G Wireless repeater / Cannot connect to this AP in repeater mode
- — Previous thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Can you get a USA Ham Radio license WITHOUT giving the gob'ment your SSN?
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Anyone have a manual for a Dictograph 55-sm security system?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security