Setting up a SmartBridges air bridge total

Hi,

Trying to set this up - but on the edge of my understanding ....

Installed simpleMonitor - and can connect to SB and set setings etc

Tested and in AdHoc mode can connect a wireless laptop to a PC with the airbridge plugged in direct - so assume all is physically working. Laptop can ping the PC - but not the SB ?

In Infrastructure mode I can associate with a wireless AP (acually a wireless router which has internet connection)

But whatever I try I can't get the PC to access the internet through the router. All are static IP addresses - I can ping the SB but not the router - but I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work - is it a sort of pass through ?

192.168.1.15 (ClientPC) to 192.168.1.22 (SB) to 192.168.1.1 (ADSL wireless AP)

Have I missed something obvious in the setup here - or is it possible that my wireless AP / Router (Dlink G604T) won't work like this for some reason.

Tried DHCP mode - but this didn't seem to get anywhere - even though ADSL wireless AP is a DHCP server.

Is there some security issue I'm missing - I've set the WEP on the SB unit so that it can associate with the AP - and thought that was all I had to do

Any ideas ? Thanks James

Reply to
james.perrins
Loading thread data ...

Network diagram please.

On 26 Oct 2006 05:38:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Network diagram as requested - thanks James

Adhoc mode (works) ================

Wireless laptop (192.168.1.2) ~ ~ (wireless) ~ ~ SB (192.168.1.22) | | (wired) | PC (192.168.15)

Infrastructure mode (fails) ===================

ADSL (internet) | | (wired) | Dlink wireless Router G604T (192.168.1.1) ~ ~ (wireless) ~ ~ SB (192.168.1.22) - associated and can see Dlink wireless network | | (wired) | PC (192.168.15) - can ping SB but not router - tried setting gateway as

192.168.1.1 and 192.168.22 - but neither worked

quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Reply to
james.perrins

Is DHCP working on the PC through SB? Or are you manually configuring?

On 26 Oct 2006 09:28:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

I was manually configuring - but have now sorted it thanks.

It was a silly mistake - router insisted on ASCII WEP keys - SB using Hex - durr Switched all security off - got it working and then put keys back in place - carefully !

Thanks for your time

I do wish wireless networks were a bit more forthcoming in telling you you have the wrong key - thats twice in a week I've been caught out with wrong keys - but all appears to be connected none the less - just doesn't work

Best wishes James

John Navas wrote:

Reply to
james.perrins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.