secure setup woes

I'm having trouble securung my WRTGv5 w speedbooster ( worked very well networked with my wired PC) both runninf WIN32 (XP Pro) SP2 on the wireless conected laptop and SP1 on the wired one. A week ago someone from Eastern Europe/former USSR hacked a weakness in my laptops security ( I had just bought the machine and didn't finish tightening up everything as well as I usually do. Needless to say I had an excellent program from Broadcom called secureeasysetup which communicates automatically with Linksys and sets up an SSID, WPA, L/P etc etc..... now this handy little app came with my laptop by default and they play dumb when I call them asking them to either replace or sell it to me... so does Linksys btw...anyway I'm in a quandry. I fix up a secure set up no problem and it comunicates with the routher when I ping the machine.... it also comes up with an IP addy ( but an incorrect IP ... since the wired PC has no connectivity problem at all I see a big difference in the IP. I use Roadrunner with a 100mbit connection and normally I get a 54mbit with the wireless. Now when I run it secured Ican send and receive about 6 packets... no joke.. the URL for the app is:

formatting link
it makes setting up a WORKING secure connection. I swear with a WRT54G and this handy little app I was up and running WPA is under 5 min.

I wish there was somewhere to buy the app... Gateway, Dell, HP, bestbuy, Linksys AND broadcom all gave me the runaround. Gateway whom the onus of replacing the app falls on..passes the buck to Linksys and vice versa,,

Im running a GW MX7118 NOTEBOOK and the app comes with the system...

Do any of you guys have any idea wht when I set up my own secure sys, I connect but cant send nor receive info...and get a false IP reading .... just the last two numbers. Ive spent many hours trying to fix this.

Reply to
IZ
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.