ScanDisk Flash Drives w/ 'U3' Security

Does anyone actually KNOW if you can DELETE the "U3" security software that is already ON a ScanDisk 2.0 GB Flash Drive when you first buy one?

I recently purchased a ScanDisk 4.0 GB stick - it doesn't have the 'U3', but has OTHER add-ons....It's the one that also comes with TWO cover caps.

I know if you attempt to format drives on XP, it SETS the amount of space. So how can you BYPASS this method on XP?...or CAN you?

Flash Drives lose about 5-10 MB+ with all that JUNK on them... WHY do they even DO this in the first place? - - - - GEEZ!

The LAST BEST drive I ever purchased was about 2 years ago: ...an IMATION 1 GB stick - that still gives me a great 999 MB...

..BECAUSE it had NO - extra software on it! (later Imation flash drives changed their production line.. allowing less space!)

A Flash Drive should have AT LEAST 500k-1 MB 'less' than the full monty, given the consideration that there's to be needed 'cushion room'...correct?

-Infnet

Reply to
infnet
Loading thread data ...

On 22 Jul 2006 13:56:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

As always, "Google is your friend:"

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas wrote: =================================== Thanks!

Incidently, it's on the 'SanDisk' named drives... ...NOT "ScanDisk"... :)

-Infnet

Reply to
infnet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.