SBC/YAHOO DSL Installation Question

I just got SBC/Yahoo DSL service turned on. I have the SpeedStream 5100 DSL modem with 5 lights on the front. Power, Ethernet, DSL, Internet, and activity. First 4 lights are solid and even the activity light flashes on occasion but I can never get my internet service to work even though I know it is working. The only network adapter I have in my computer is a wireless adapter that works with a d-link 614+ wireless router. I have the DSL modem plugged into the WAN port of the wirelss router. The address of the wireless router is 192.168.0.2 which I changed so that I could access the DSL modem at 192.168.0.1. And I can only do this if I plug the ethernet cable into one of the 4 "wired" ports on back of the router. If I plug the DSL modem into the WAN port I cant access the modem anymore. Is it even possible to get DSL setup on a wireless router without having first created a unique user/pass? Im connected to the internet but its on the generic account name of snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net with the pass being the first half of that username. Can somebody give me some help on this. Thanks.

Reply to
Bradley
Loading thread data ...

I use SBC yahoo DSL with the Enternet connection manager, and also wish to use VPN . When I install VPN on my PC, the sbc connection is dropped. How do I use VPN with SBC yahoo dsl connection ?

Thanks,

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - alt.internet.wireless - 14410 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
nilgiri007

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.