Router printing connection

I've read the post on "Router printing" and it seems ok but I have a USB printer and I want to hook it up to a D-Link DSL-G604T broadband router. The printer has a USB connection and the router only network connection holes (do not know the technical name). What do I need to plug the USB printer into the router?

TIA!

Reply to
xxewd
Loading thread data ...

You need a USB print server like one of the one listed below. I haven't personally used one, so I can't vouch for their ease of use or compatabilty, but this is the type of thing you need. Your printer vendor may recommend a certain brand, so check with them.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Bryant Smith

The holes in the router are called *ports* using RJ45 jack connection type as opposed to a USB connection type.

You need to plug a print server into the router a piece of cake.

formatting link
The above is what's in the link below.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Thanks very much for your help.

Would it also be possible to simply plug a USB wireless connector into the printer? I have one of these already and I do not care about sharing the printer other than sometimes I''ll print from upstairs, sometimes from downstairs. I do not want to buy a print server unless I really have to.

TIA!

Reply to
xxewd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.