router/hub drops 2wire DSLwireless router

At the small business I work for, a DSL connection is provided via a

2wire dsl router and Linksys hub. This network works just fine, except when a colleague tried to add another computer at his workspace. He extended his port with a router and both his computers were working fine..for awhile. Soon, internet connection became patchy and then dropped entirely. Looking at the 2wire router, one can see it power on and then immediately power off again. this power cycling continues. When he replaced the router with a hub, the network seemed to remain stable for a longer time, but it eventually caused the network to power cycle repeatedly. Any idea what is going on?
Reply to
reci
Loading thread data ...

The router has a bad PSU, probably. I've had a couple do this. Try a new PSU for it, otherwise replace it.

Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

the router and the hub both caused this problem, when trying to extend the network. Also, if you're talking about the 2wire DSL router, I have already tried a replacement router for that too. Something is happening to cause the system to restart.

Reply to
reci

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.