Reseting a Netgear DG814

Hey everyone. I've recently started using this router and although it offers on wireless access, it seems to be a very solid router.

However, I am having an occasional problem whereby every 2-3 weeks the router will stop providing internet access to everyone who is connected. The obvious solution is to just reset the router, however I can't find any mention of resetting the router from the web interface at 192.168.0.1. Since this often happens at around 1am when my housemate, who has the router in the room, has gone to bed, he's naturally getting a bit pissed off with me waking him up every other week and asking him to reset it.

Every other router I have ever used has the ability to reset the router from the web interface, so it seems bizarre that Netgear do not provide one for this router. I've already tried upgrading the Firmware, but it appears the router already had to most up-to-date firmware already installed, so that didn't help.

Can anybody help?

Kind Regards,

Matt

Reply to
Matt
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.