Reposting: LinkSys WAG54G-EU

firmware.

dropdown list.

download the

instructions

installed. The

settings

I dont use netscape mail but I assume it is a secure connection HTTPS, you can verify this by the lock at tthe bottom of the screen or https in the url. Have you tried it with your routers firewall disabled. In the Port services is https listed??

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

Hello. My question is addressed to an expert of Linksys WAG54G-EU. I'm having troubles in logging in my Netscape webmail inbox. I wrote to Netscape's support and this is their answer.

Reply to
Steffo

Did you power off the device, and then power it back on so the new firware would be loaded? It doesn't usuallly change until you do that....

Simple way is just unplug it for a few seconds, and then plug it back in......

Reply to
Peter Pan

router,

click

Release

Stuffit

Look under the Access restrictions tab, are any restrictions set up? https is 443, both udp and tcp. Dont confuse this with port forwarding.

Reply to
Airhead

It must be that: HTTPS is NOT listed but I can add it: what should I write as external port, internal port, UCD, TCP?

Reply to
Steffo

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

I just did it on my system router except with IE instead of netscape, and the original page redirects to a second page (secure) with the https prefix.

Have you changed something in your netscape setup? Got another browser to try it with? Can you connect direct to your cable/dsl and have it work? Have you gone back to basics and reset the router to factory defaults?

Seems before you try all sorts of things, make sure it works on it's own first..... The problem may be in something else.

Reply to
Peter Pan

Did you try and connect direct to your dsl/cable modem? (no wap/router, just to make sure it works without the wap/router thing in the mix)

as I asked above (which it seems you never tried)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Yes, I did that. I actually turn the router off every night.

Reply to
Steffo

HTTP is listed in the Single Port Forwarding with ext/int port 80 (TCP/UDP). I've added HTTPS to the list of Port Triggering with Outgoing Start/End and Incoming Start/End Port 443. Nothing changed: I cannot go through the page

formatting link
just get a blank page instead of
formatting link
's what happens with my other PC. Any ideas?

Reply to
Steffo

The LinkSys firewall is disabled. There's nothing listed under the Access restriction Tab. HTTP is listed in the Single Port Forwarding with ext/int port 80 (TCP/UDP). I've added HTTPS to the list of Port Triggering with Outgoing Start/End and Incoming Start/End Port 443 (TCP/UDP). Nothing changed: I cannot go through the page

formatting link
just get a blank page instead of
formatting link
with the inbox email list. That's what happens with my other PC. Any other ideas? Thanks, Steffo

Reply to
Steffo

I AM using IE6 (WinXP-SP2). My webmail is Netscape. When I sign in, I'm in a secure (HTTPS) page. After that, the page changes to the first link I gave you and then it stops there: just a blank page, no errors. I used another PC (IE6 in WinME) and after that page, I should get the second link I gave you, leading to my inbox. Every thing else is OK, cookies activeX Java are all enabled, I'm also using Hotmail with no troubles. It's something to do with the LikSys router, as you can read in the Netscape customer service email. I've emailed LinkSys but no replies. What else could I try?

Reply to
Steffo

In my first post (see bottom part), I wrote: I've downloaded the latest firmware (version 1.02.7) as suggested above, but I'm still having troubles when I sign in Netscape webmail: what settings should I change/adjust in my WAG54G-EU? Just for your information, if I use my old USB modem (ZyXel Prestige 630), I have no problem to enter my Netscape inbox.

Thanks for your help.

Steffo

Reply to
Steffo

(sorry, I have my newsreader set to hide read messages, so I don't see previous old ones)... Okay, cool, so you already checked the software on your PC (you wouldn't beleive how many people refuse to check and say stuff like "it worked befor so I'm sure it's working now", but never check...one thing to check off the list....

Lets make sure there are no mistakes in numbers... is this the one you have?

formatting link
Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway WAG54G - wireless router (I'm in the US and it shows that a US WAP54G = European WAG54G-EU, just want to make sure I'm converting correctly, the stuff is in some language I can't read (example "Le WAG54G est une solution " tout en un " proposant dans un boîtier unique : - Un modem ADSL haut débit, qui permet une connexion permanente et ultra rapide à Internet, et ce sans monopoliser la ligne téléphonique. ... " what is that?) From this link
formatting link
it shows the latest firmware is 1.02.7.03 (although some problems are reported), that's almost what you have, but they have a few different versions (downloadable) and suggest to use the different ones if you run into specific problems

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to help, just want to make sure I look up/tell you the right things.

Not sure about that firmware.... the latest I show is: Version 2.08 May 13, 2004 ETSI

- Fixed problems with firmware not reporting IP properly to the wizard

- Fixed internal firmware date issue

Reply to
Peter Pan

WAG54G-EU is a wireless router modem for DSL internet connection with protocol g = 54Mbps. It works very well exept for the fact there's something wrong between LinkSys and Netscape, as their customer support said. What they didn't say it's what it is and how to get over it.

Where did you see the version 2.08? The latest one for the WAG54G-EU is the 1.02.7 as far as I know. There must be some setting in the port forwarding or in the port triggering: any more ideas? Cheers, Steffo

Reply to
Steffo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.