repeating a wifi signal with Pre-N

hi,

i'v been trying for sevral weeks now to get a pre-n wide area network setup, my main problem is getting somthing to repeat the signal.

i have: 2x belkin pre-n routers, 1x belkin pc card with pci adapter.

i need to connect 2 offices

office A:

DSL--->router--->pre-n configed as access point

office B:

DSL--->belkin router

i want office B to be able to connect to my pre-n router. i can recieve a signal on my laptop no problem, but the bandwidth is anywhere from

30-125KB and better with the pre-n pc card. both offices are line of sight. what i would like to do is have the signal be repeated at the strongest point in office B, and connect to the network of office B essentialy creating a wide area network at least distance wise. of course only one DHCP server etc...

i am unsure how or what i need to get the signal repeated. i have tried placing the router in access point mode but these seems only to work if the WAN port is connected to the LAN port of the network otherwise i connect but cannot get an ip address.

if someone can tell me how to configure my routers or what equipment to but obviously within range and will work with existing equipment that would be great.

FYI i have this network over at least a 1/4 distance and i have used it to listen to music with itunes and to browse the web no problem.

if someone knows how to set the pre-n routers to repeat a wifi signal or knows equipment that can repeat the wifi signal of a pre-n router that would be great.

thanx in advance.

Reply to
ynsbiz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.