Repeater that'll work with Microsoft MN-700?

From what I gather, getting a repeater to work with a router/wifi

access point is a bit chipset based, correct? Anyone set something up with a Microsoft MN-700? I'm looking for a repeater with dual removable external antennas so that one can be replaced with a directional antenna, so that rules out just using another MN-700 in repeater mode.

Thanks!

Reply to
none
Loading thread data ...

Also, I should add, if I can't find a repeater that'll play nicely with the MN-700, any suggestions for what manufacturer makes a good repeater friendly replacement? Is there a really good access point/repeater pair that's better than the competition? I wouldn't be opposed to a higher powered access point that might either eliminate the need for a repeater, or at least the need for a dual antenna repeater using a directional antenna for one of the antennas (I think SMC is one of the companies that makes a higher powered unit). That being said, first & foremost, if I do replace the access point, I want one that's done right - I hate it when I buy something just to find out there's a bug in the unpnp, or that there's some other stupidity either in lack of / or poor design of features. For example, given the price competition for access points they're many times cheaper than a simple repeater, yet some access point makers don't design the ability to configure it as a repeater.

Reply to
none

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.