repeater problem with wap11

I had a similiar problem where I had a strong wireless signal, but could not connect to the internet.

This worked for me:

On the wireless computer: Go to Control Panel / Network and bring up the TCP/IP Properties for your Wireless card. Go to the DNS Configuration Tab and select Enable DNS. For the Host Name, I have CTED5 and I had to add the following two IP addresses:

198.6.1.1 204.177.32.2

These are UUNet IP address. I am not sure if they are unique to your ISP, but I think they will get you on the net.

Reply to
Norm
Loading thread data ...

I have a wap11 v2.2 flashed with dwl-900AP+ firmware. Seems to work ok. But I am testing the repeator function and it doesn't seem to be working.

I have a belkin 54g router. I try to repeat that router with the same ssid and installing the correct mac address. I get a much better signal and can connect but get no internet....

Any ideas? Is it because one is a 802.11g signal and the other 802.11b. I know this is not a "same product" setup but was wondering if any one had done some setups like this.

Reply to
root

maybe this will help?

formatting link
Bill M.

Reply to
Bill Middleton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.