repeater

I wondered what happens when a repeater is used. I get that it's a delayed transmit, but does it use the same channel, and or, is that selectable?

Greg

Reply to
gregz
Loading thread data ...

Yes, same channel on a store and forward repeater. You also have to select the SSID and the channel.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Been wifi experimenting. I got one device, says 400 mw, don't know if it's erp. It basically shows as yo increase power the bandwidth is decreased. That's enginious. Are all devices like that. My linksys goes up to 250 mw

The enginious is funny. The power range is something like, high, ultra high, super high, extreme.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Going to try and play with the ingenious. I think it's toast. Heard bad reports..

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I think you mean Enginius.

Any reason you didn't bother to disclose the model number?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Ecb-3220

After doing a reset I was able to communicate with it. Got it working in ap mode. Will try to use it as a test hooked up to a router. Need to select settings.

I'm trying to set up a link from one apartment to another, through one or two other apartments. Too many stations, I count up to 15 from one place to the other. The main problem right now, the base station has a weak signal compared to the others. It's a belkin. Anything I have will outperform that, and with directional antenna.

I keep wondering how much attenuation there is on current windows with reflective film. I would rather put a suction cup antenna on the outside of the glass, but running a wire is a problem.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Wrt54g is another I'm playing with. Got tall antennas and added software. Works good. People talk about heat in most all units. If you peel off the front sticker there are many additional holes.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Engenius is a totally new vendor name to me. Any general comments on their product quality, reliability, and general reputation?

(I might be interested in using one of their long-distance phones with a single base station and a bunch of cordless handsets in charger bases all around the house as a way to avoid replacing or repairing a tangled mess of deteriorated internal phone wiring.)

Reply to
AES

I guess they have been around a while. I'm sure some boaters have used their outdoor unit. I read some bad stuff I think on my model, high failure rate. Seems also to hang up after certain commands.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I have an EOC1650 set up as an AP, using the internal antenna. It just sits there and works. I have to reboot the Dlink that it's wired to more frequently. POE and all. Nice product.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.