Removing printer setup connections to wireless printerserver

My sister's wireless network is via Wi-Fi Modem w/ Cable.

Yesterday (Monday), I successfully set up the D-Link DPR 1260 wireless printserver to be used with HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-one.

This morning, printing wirelessly, i.e. no physical connection from printserver to the wireless network, was working fine but after I tested the SCAN feature - success, when I needed to print a letter, it wouldn't print.

Btw, last night (Monday), the successful set-up was with USB port no. 3 on the printserver - I couldn't delete the connection initially connected to Port no 1 btw - but the print dialog box was showing that it was with the printer set up at USB port_2.

Anyway, today, tech support put me on a wild goose chase making me use different USB ports and now all 4 ports have been utilized but none working w/ or w/o network cable from printerserver to wireless network, and I can't delete the printers under "Control Panel's Printers and Faxes" because I get a message that would say "Operations cannot be performed. There are print jobs ...".

I want to remove all these connection set ups made on all 4 different USB ports on the printserver and then start the setup from scratch but this time, leaving physical connection between the printserver and the wireless network (LAN).

I am asking for help in need removing these connections under Printers Faxes under "Control Panel".

Reply to
Amanda
Loading thread data ...

On 15 Aug 2006 16:03:28 -0700, "Amanda" wrote in :

Try turning off print spooling of that printer -- print directly to the port instead -- spooling can cause problems of stuck print jobs with wireless print servers.

You first need to manually clear the print spool queue. The following batch job (or just enter commands in a Command Prompt window) should do the trick:

--------------------------------------------------- net stop spooler del /q %SystemRoot%\\system32\\spool\\PRINTERS\\* net start spooler ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
John Navas

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:24:11 GMT, John Navas wrote in :

Another way to do this is with Cleanspl.exe from the Windows Resource Kit Tools

Reply to
John Navas

Okay.

Yes, that was the issue.

Great to learn. Thanks.

Reply to
Amanda

Thanks again. Handy tools.

Reply to
Amanda

Well, I hope you learned your lesson. You even went the wireless USB route too. I wouldn't trust wireless in this situation, let alone USB invloved in it too. I wouldn't trust or rely on them as far as I could throw a building somewhere.

Once you get it fixed, it will most likely be 3 sheets in the wind again on you and fast. You got the double headed beast with wireless and USB and it's the nature of both of them.

I wish you the best of luck.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:36:44 GMT, "Duane Arnold" wrote in :

Despite your pessimism, wireless printing to an HP USB MFP can be made to work quite well -- I've installed a couple of them (on Apple Airport Express), and when configured properly (no spooling), they've been very reliable.

Reply to
John Navas

I have not seen one post up in this NG or any other NG that a wireless print server was not crap in the long run.

You can sit here and song and dance, make it all pretty, with red ribbons, and balloons all you want.

I know better.

Duane :(

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Hell, my little you called cheap and low-tech wire print server I got from TigerDirect is far better than some high tech wireless print server trash.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I used to have a Linksys WPS11 - parallel print server and a USB print server, then I replaced both with the WPS54GU2 (has both parallel and USB printer support). They have ALL been rock solid ever since I installed them many years ago.

I have changed laptops (and printers) more often than the wireless print servers!

Reply to
sapper

Knock on wood you're lucky.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.