remote results

I have a wireless network that extends into my backyard. I get a fairly good connection from a client about 200 feet away but I'm trying to get a better connection using a wavesurfer reflector

formatting link
on my router (Netgear MR814v2). I got tired of making a change in the position of the reflector and then running over to the client machine to see the effect and then running back to the router machine to make another change. So I loaded TightVNC on the client machine and connected to it from the router machine. Now I can make a change and view the results with less legwork. Unfortunately, I can't use Netstumbler under this method since it turns off the wireless connection so that it can send out its probes. I've been using the software that came with my client radio (Zonet ZEW2501) and it shows signal strength and link quality as a percentage (of what?) and that's better than nothing but I was wondering if anyone knows of an app other than Netstumbler that doesn't shut down the wireless connection but still gives detailed information about the connection quality.

Thanks, Bruce Seiler

Reply to
bjs555
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.