Reliability of wireless networks

I am learning reliability of networks or communication system . I want to know which parameter or index can be used to evaluate their reliability,especially in wirless network area.In traditional reliability area,one of the most usual reliablity parameters is the probability of no failure occurring in the system , and other parameters are MTTF(Mean Time To Failure), availability,etc. But I think the communication networks will be different with traditional study area. So I want to know some special advice about these. If you know ,tell me please,and thanks a lot!!

Reply to
iceflamingo
Loading thread data ...

Do your own homework for class.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

On 16 Aug 2006 02:32:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sina.com wrote in :

Try Google and Wikipedia.

Reply to
John Navas

snipped-for-privacy@sina.com hath wroth:

From Beijing? This appears to be a homework problem. Please do your own research. If you're stuck, the university has more resources than are available in newsgroups and mailing lists.

Reliability, S/N ratio (Eb/No), and system fade margin are directly related. Reliability Fade Margin 90% 8 dB 99% 18 dB 99.9% 28 dB 99.99% 38 dB 99.999% 48 dB

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Wow, you guys are rough!

I'm still trying to understand the question this ;-)

Reply to
egross

Yep. There are several Usenet FAQ's on etiquette. For example:

formatting link
"Please do not use Usenet as a resource for homework assignments." and so on. You'll find others saying essentially the same thing.

Traditional reliability figures (MTBF, FIT, MTTR, FR, etc) are measures of failure (or no failure) rates or incidence over a specified length of time. These can vary of the length of time. Communications reliability is just a measure of channel availability.

% Availability Downtime per year 95.0 438 hours 99.0 88 hours 99.5 44 hours 99.9 8.8 hours 99.95 4 hours 99.99 53 minutes 99.9995 5.3 minutes 99.9999 32 seconds 99.99999 3.2 seconds

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.