Reflector for whip

formatting link
"Original" is the soup can idea. The EZ-12 looks nicer to me.

Reply to
dold
Loading thread data ...

I made a reflector for a little 2dBi whip which increased signal strength by 5-10%. Made it from half cut tin can and experimenting with distance and angle. I did this simply on the assumption that the wave pattern for the whip would be doughnut shaped and that the semicircle of metal would reflect back lost signal and make the antenna more directional.

Question, am I theorizing correctly on this and is there any way to make an even better reflector than the one I made?

Reply to
ohford

snipped-for-privacy@79.usenet.us.com wrote in news:f6ec5m$s2u$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net:

ok, I found the one ur talking about ezreflector.

Reply to
ohford

I'm not too excited about the NEC models (the wireframe drawings), but there are loads of pictures, including my warped soup can

formatting link
There are several pictures on the "original" opening page, below the text.
formatting link
a "lots more pictures" link at the bottom of the page.

Reply to
dold

snipped-for-privacy@79.usenet.us.com wrote in news:f6ec5m$s2u$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net:

Thanks, but I'm no electronics engineer. Would be nice if they gave some picture examples.

I'm guessing that:

formatting link
might be a match?

Reply to
ohford

You should watch out for multipath reflections though. For an optimized shape, check out:

formatting link
c24

Reply to
confero24.com/wlan-antenna

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.