Rangebooster G PCI Card???

Hi everybody, I just purchased a D-Link Rangebooster G PCI card, model number WDA-2320. Hardware version is A1 and firmware version is 1.00. I selected this particular card because I thought that "rangebooster" meant it would give me a higher signal percentage as well as longer range, but apparently I thought wrong. Replacing my old D-Link DWL-520 (not plus), which gave me an average signal strength of 11 mb/s "good" or "low" using the Windows XP's Wireless zero-configuration service. With the "rangebooster" card, I am getting 54 mb/s speed, but signal strength fluctuates between "low" and "very low." Can anyone offer an explanation for this? The PC is in the exact same place, as is the router. The antenna is positioned exactly the same as it was previously, and other than the fact that I've put in this new card, nothing has changed. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

-Hukuis

Reply to
6roseds
Loading thread data ...

On 23 Jun 2006 07:09:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

"There is no magic."(c) Especially when you don't control both ends of the wireless connection, you really need a better antenna, not a different product. See the wikis below.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.