R-TNC or R-SMA

I have an old Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router and want to change the antenna. Does it use a R-TNC or R-SMA connector? I suspect it's the former but notice some Linksys wireless routers do use R-SMA instead of R-TNC.

Reply to
oparr
Loading thread data ...

got a pic?

Reply to
NetSteady

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" hath wroth:

I'm 98.7% sure it's RP-SMA. Since you have the router in your possession, compare the connectors with the connector photos at:

Can't tell from the photos or the data sheet.

It's RP-SMA. There are mess of aftermarket antennas with RP-SMA connectors listed for the WRT54GP2 on eBay.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Here's a link to it at Amazon;

formatting link
A reviewer on the same page had this to say;

"One thing to note is that this router is a little different than the WRT54G without the phone ports. This router has only one antenna. This also means that if you would like to replace the antenna with the Linksys high gain antenna you will need the SMA antenna and not the TNC antenna. I learned this the hard way after Linksys sales told me to use the TNC, which was just wrong."

Found this after posting so I'm now leaning to R-SMA but if someone can confirm this I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
oparr

Okay, thanks.

Reply to
oparr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.