Psychotic & Possessed Belkin Router - Periodic Disconnect & LAG

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, other forums can't seem to solve this problem. I have a Belkin Pre N router (FD:) that keeps on disconnecting, the signal just goes lower and lower then d/c. Happens periodically. Computer reconnects within 5 secs, but can't play any online game / surf the net like this.The speed jumps from 5.5 mbpss - jumps to 24, then back etc etc then d/c.

Also, the lag online is very unpredictable, sometimes its just perfect whereas most of the time the ping is >500ms, can't surf the net/play anything. I'm not buying Belkin anymore FYI, I think all their routers lag/ d/c all the time.

I'm guessing it could be due to the distance my com is from the wireless network, SND is like, 31. Any suggestions why? (maybe MTU or whatever?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
nicholaslyz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.