PROGRAMMING MY WIRELESS INTERFACE in linux

Im curious to interact programmatically with my wireless card in linux.

Id like a pointer to a tutorial on C programming for wireless on linux if there is such a thing,

Reply to
sam1967
Loading thread data ...

At the lowest level, there aren't many device drivers written specifically for Linux. One reason for that is because ndis drivers, intended for Window XP, can also be used on Linux, using ndiswrapper. If you want to write a device driver level interface for some particular wireless card, it appears you are bumping up against a petty solid wall of no information available from manufacturers.

On a higher level, which is probably what you actually want to do, there aren't many programs that interact with the device drivers directly, simply because there is not much need for more than one good set of them. That one good set of utilities comes in a package called wireless_tools.

formatting link
formatting link
I'd guess the source code for that package is about as much of a tutorial as exists. It will certainly provide one example of how to do what can be done.

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.