Problems with Linksys WAG354G (the silver one)

I've had problems with the above units failing to maintain a DSL connection - the 'internet' light simply goes out or goes red. When it works it's fine, but after a period it just drops the connection, and while it can sometimes be cycled to force a reconnection this doesn't always work.

I've used the hardware on different ADSL lines with different hardware connected, but the result is always the same. All 5 of a batch that I bought in the UK in November 2005 have displayed this problem

- does anybody else have similar experiences to share?

I'm an engineer/reseller, BTW, so I'm looking at hardware/firmware issues, rather than basic configuration tips.

TIA

Peter

Reply to
strongp
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com hath wroth:

Apparently your experience is a common one. Some reviews of the WAG354G seem to report similar ADSL problems:

formatting link
no suggestions.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I've the same Linksys router. Only one time I had a red led and no internet connection for about one hour. I've contacted their support but after one week I received an email to call back by telephone, so that they could help me re-establish my connection which, by then , was allready up and running. I've updated the firmware from 01 to 05 (latest) and had not a single problem since then.(you can find it at their FTP site) I've reconnected my old USB ADSL modem and in case the problem returns, I can check with this modem if it's not a problem with my ISP. Suc6.

Reply to
The Duke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.