Problems.. Problems..

I have a Netgear FWG114P router. I'm trying to make it reach to my daughters mini Mac only 20 feet away.. The reception is really good though the house, and I believe that her computer unfortuenly, sits in a bad spot, and the signal is weak at her desk.

I went and got a Apple Airport extreme unit to route around the bad spot. And use it as a WDS. Seams like it would work as it just relays the Internet thought it.

I can set it up and log into it via a wireless connection. But when I try to get the unit it log into the base station (Netgear).. It simply just refuses to do it!!

I've tried unlocking the WEP password, and still it refuses??

I routed a temporary eithernet from the router to the AP extreme unit, and it works..

Checking the Netgear web site, it doesn't show the FWG114P router as a WDS compatible.. Others say this though.

Is the FWG114P WDS compatible?

Thanks

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Ragon
Loading thread data ...

relays

simply

If it does not state it in the specs then it probably does not support WDS. Most WDS products will only work with like manufacturer WDS products. This is due to WDS not being a standard and it is implemented in various ways by different companies. If the Apple supports AP Client mode then this may work.

Reply to
Airhead

Thanks.. Bummer. I liked the Apple product, "airport express". However, if I can't connect to my router, it's worthless..

Looks like I might have to take it back then.

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Ragon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.