Problem with WVC54G linksys wireless camera

I purchased the WVC54G camera to replace my WVC11B model which is working fine.

The camera was set up exactly like the WVC11B so I know it was correctly configured and my network is correctly configured for port forwarding etc.

The camera works using the internal IP or the WAN IP/port as long as I am inside my network. From outside I can not connect. Again the WVC11B works fine so I am positive there is a hardware or software problem causing this. Linksys support confirmed that it should be working and suggested I exchange the device. I decided to return it instead since I really thought it was a software issue and not hardware.

Is anyone else having this problem ?

Is anyone using the WVC54G successfully from outside their own network ?

There is a new Firmware 2.07 which may address this issue however linksys support can't explain to me what was fixed in the firmware version. If anyone else is having this problem and is willing to try this firmware I would really appreciate it if you let me know if it works.

Reply to
Ron
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Michael Greenberg

I just got the WVC54G for christmas. Set it up both wired and wireless and it seems to be working fine. I host my own website so I'm using

formatting link
as a static IP. It updates your IP address every 30 minutes to a host name that you pick. Example
formatting link
just set up port forwarding in the router for port 80 to the cameras IP address and you can access it anywere. Just type in the host name (yourname.no-ip.com) from any computer and it works great!

Reply to
michael.fetterman
  • The same thing should work with
    formatting link
    and several others. It should also work with several wireless/wired routers by LinkSys and others, as well as directly on Windows XP and Linux with the appropriate "Update" client to update your Internet IP Address to the Dynamic DNS Provider.
Reply to
Alan Spicer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.