Problem with Odyssey Client scan lists

My office uses the Odyssey Client for our corporate WLAN. To simplify things, I also use it at home. It works fine both places. I'm using it on Windows XP Home.

However, whenever I try to use an auto-scan list, it can't find the office WLAN. It appears that it doesn't wait long enough. It finds my home WLAN just fine when I'm in range, but I have never once had success with the office WLAN this way.

Anybody seen this problem before? Is there a registry key I can set to extend the timeout or something?

Reply to
syberghost
Loading thread data ...

Does your office LAN broadcast its SSID? This is an all too common "security" measure that screws up the ability of wireless clients to find the network.

You can usually pre-set a "profile" or something similar, with the correct registry key installed, to bypass the search. Apparently, you're already doing this.

The access points typically beacon their SSID 10 times per second. I don't think waiting longer is going to do anything useful.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.