Problem with Belkin wireless router F5D7230-4

Hi everyone..

A few days back i got a Belkin F5D7230-4 and from the day-one it has not worked properly. I can browse the web from the connected computers but when it comes to download something from the internet it just hangs.. no single download has been ever completed.. hangs aournd

400-500KB of each download progress. FYI, the motorola Cable modem SB-5100 works just fine, it the Belkin thats problematic. Can anyone help please?
Reply to
mfaisal98
Loading thread data ...

When i remove the router from the equation the problem goes away. The "internet" LED is solid green mostly but blinks every 25-27 seconds. It should remain solid green throughout the session. This router (a single antenna version i.e, versios 4000 US model) came with firmware version

6.00.10. It also has "saving settings" problem. Changed settings could not be saved, not even once. I searched the belkin website and found a newer version of firmware i.e, 6.00.21, but it was meant for UK model, but i ended up upgrading the US firmware with UK firmware. The effect was that the "changed settings" could be saved successfully but the primary problem remained there. BTW, i didnt try out the FTP download since the FTP link you gave didnt work at all. Any new suggestions? And THANKS a lot for the prompt reply.
Reply to
mfaisal98

You can try and re-flash the router with the latest version of the firmware as some times the firmware is a bad install in the router for one that's new out of the box and may need to be reinstalled.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.