Problem connecting WiFi and Android

Hello there,

I really don't know if this group is the right place for my question, let me know if its not.

I'm experiencing some issues with my wi-fi connection at home using an Android Device. Using my laptop everything is fine, but when I access using the phone, though I can browse pages, I cannot see Youtube videos or download apps from Android Market.

So why I don't go to an Android Forum... because in the network of my work I can access Youtube and make downloads through Android Market... and then I don't know who to blame, if it's my connection at home or if it's the phone...

The same thing happens with my girlfriend's phone, so I guess it's really not an issue with my device. Anyone had the same experience?

Some info: Device: Xperia Arc Android Version: 2.3.3 Router: TPLINK (I don't know the model, but I can see it when I get home) If you guys need more info let me know.

Regards, Guilherme

Reply to
Guilherme Viana
Loading thread data ...

Check the version number of the firmware and make sure you have the latest.

Try flushing the browser cache and the DNS cache on your phones:

When you say that you cannot "see" YouTube videos, it might be because you don't have Adobe Flash installed correctly. Test it with other web sites that run Flash.

Similar problem with Android showing up in the YouTube support forums:

There are several that say that they can view videos only when *NOT* signed into a YouTube account. See if that applies.

More:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.