Pluging wireless USB in and out

Wondering if it damages the card at all. I know they were designed to be hot-plugged, but I get a noticeable flicker on my notebook's screen when I do it. []'s

Reply to
Shadow
Loading thread data ...

Meanwhile, at the alt.internet.wireless Job Justification Hearings, Shadow chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Perhaps it's the change in power consumption that causes your laptop screen to flicker. And yes, USB is supposed to be hot pluggable.

Reply to
alexd

By definition USB is hot pluggable. By using Safely remove utility you unmount the device. This prevents data corruption.

Reply to
Randall

Cant "safely remove" my usb-wireless. I can "ifconfig down" (under linux), but not unmount. []'s OK, will worry less about it.

Reply to
Shadow

Or just pull it out, which is what I used to do with a zd1211 based wlan adapter on an older laptop. I suspect Windows doesn't propagate the device type to the annoyance that complains when you don't "safely remove hardware", so it can't tell that you've removed a wlan adapter rather than a storage device.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Peters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.