Please help the newbie

I have a simple question, and I cannot seem to find find anyone to answer it. I have a bridge and I am using it to receive an internet signal. I am wondering if something can be done. Can that bridge be plugged into a wireless router, and that signal then rebroadcast? I have tried it, and I see the signal being broadcast from the router. It comes in very strong. When I connect to that signal, I cannot get internet access. I hope I am explaining this well enough. If someone can tell me if this is possible I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

Michael

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Texas
Loading thread data ...

On 2007-09-02, Texas intrigued me by typing:

You have provided us with little to no useful information so you will probably receive a lot of questions regarding your dilemma. For starters, tell us the make and model of your router and bridge. Are you using Windows Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98SE, 98, 95, 3.1, Linux, Apple, etc.? Anyway, are you sure you're using a *bridge*? The router you mentioned, is it an ethernet only router or a wireless router? If you have a dedicated Wireless Access Point, then, yes, you can attach it to a router. Simply disable DHCP on the Access Point so that you can receive a valid IP address from the router thus giving you access to the internet and network. Again, with the limited information you provided, there's not much we can do for you at this time. Please be more detailed. Take care.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

what kind of bridge. How is the bridge currentlt connected to enable internet access

??

Where are you getting your IP address from??

Reply to
Dana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.