Please help me get into a WAP54G

Try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 you are using the wrong address for factory reset.

Reply to
Teddybare
Loading thread data ...

Then it's broken, try the reset again. Is the rest of your LAN at

192.168.1.xxx?
Reply to
William P.N. Smith

There is a WAP54G AP connected to a wired network. The AP works fine, but I need to configure some security settings on it. The install disk with the Linksys web utility is no longer on site, but I am aware that you can configure the device from a browser. However, I cannot get in. I have scanned the network with Angry IP Scanner, but I do not find the AP, so no IP address to go on. So I did a manual reset, which should have defaulted the AP to 192.168.1.245. But I still cannot open the built-in webserver, and it doesn't respond to a ping. I have tried from the network; I have tried from a wireless client; and I have tried with a patch cable directly to the lan port from my laptop.

What am I missing?

jm

Reply to
JM

Connect the AP to your laptop. Change your laptop IP address temporarily to 192.168.1.1. subnet 255.255.255.0. Then using your browser enter http://192.168.1.245. This should bring up the password box. Username is blank, password is admin.

Reply to
Rick Ankrum

From the WAP54G Quick Install guide:

IP Address. This IP address must be unique to your network. (The

default IP address is

192.168.1.245.)
Reply to
JM

This finally worked after a manual reset and letting the AP sit overnight. It wouldn't reset using the "straightened paper clip shoved in the reset button hole for 10 seconds" method that I've used for years ; )

A reset and unplug for several hours seemed to do the trick, however.

jm

Reply to
JM

The LAN is not in that range, but I assigned a number in that range to my laptop's e'net card. Turns out that the manual reset wouldn't take until I let the AP sit unplugged for several hours.

jm

Reply to
JM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.