Please Help:Belkin Pre-N Router and Atheros AR5001xT

Hi All, I can't seem to find a fix for this issue anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a home network set up and multiple computers can connect to my internet connection wirelessly via my Belkin Pre-N Router (Part# F5D8230tt4). One computer however will not connect lets call is machine X. It's running XPpro SP2, with an Atheros AR5001xT wireless card and is able to connect to other wireless networks.

Two odd things are happening, first machine X is able to see the my wireless network. When I try to connect using the windows client nothing happens, it appears as though it doesn't even attempt to obtain an IP address from the router. Second (and perhaps unrelated), when I set the password for the router into windows client in machine X it accepts it however, if I view the password again it appears clearly shortened. Something is going on there but I don't know what or if it is associated with my more general on non-connectivity.

Any help is Appreciated G

Reply to
MoneyUps
Loading thread data ...

My gues is that the card is an 802.11a card.

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

On 18 Jun 2006 13:42:48 -0700, "MoneyUps" wrote in :

Upgrade all products to latest firmware. Then: Temporarily disable encryption and see if it then connects.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.